How to pack for Asia


With my Asia trip less than a week away, I found it fitting to share with you guys how I pack for a 2 week 4 destination vacation. This isn’t the first time my family and I have travelled like this, making various stops to different countries within a 2-3 week time period. The last time we travelled Asia we stopped in Taiwan, Malaysia and Singapore. The year before that we did Thailand, Malaysia, and Australia. As you can imagine, after so many trips I’ve kind of figured things out.


Always pack your basics first – I like to get all my essentials out of the way. This includes items that I know I absolutely have to pack which usually include items such as pjs, under garments, basic tees, daily beauty products, phone chargers etc. Once this is done, I am be able to see how much room I have left for other stuff.

Know your itinerary and plan your outfits - To be honest, I used to pack a bunch of summer items and then decide what to wear while I am on the actual trip. Over the years I’ve noticed that not only do I end up over packing, I also end up wearing the same few outfits over and over again. Now, I pack items that can be easily mix and matched unless I know that there is a specific event then I might pack an outfit specifically for that.


Travel size everything – I’m not much of a samples girl but I do like to collect deluxe size samples for when I travel. Not only is it a great way to try new products but saves so much room in my suitcase. I do however; bring the full sizes of my daily items like my eye cream and moisturiser.

Comfy shoes – Always, always bring a pair of comfortable sneakers. The last thing you want is while you are out exploring a new city is to have sore feet. Unless you are going to an all inclusive resort to relax on a beach for a week, chances are you will be doing a lot of walking.

Important items - These items tend to be my most crucial items and are usually packed on my carry on or in my purse. I always pack an extra outfit and a mini makeup emergency kit (eyeliner, lip balm, lipstick, concealer, mirror, facial mist) incase well…of emergency. Items such as my passport, phone, ipad, and camera are also with me at all times. 

Don’t forget to follow along on instagram @jeannieyeoh to see my adventures for the next two weeks!